Dear Friends and Followers,
I wanted to take a chance to thank you for reading Blesque and wanted to let you know that Blesque has been moved onto a new portal with a more personalised design.
Please feel free to continue reading Blesque and leaving your comments and suggestions by simply typing in: www.blesque.ch
The funniest thing is I learned to make these in my daughter’s baking class, and they turned out so good that I made them at home two times since. Its healthy and delicious!
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar, flours, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice and orange zest. Whisk together the eggs and oil, then stir into the dry ingredients with the grated carrot.
4. Divide the mixture between cases and bake for 20-22 mins until a match of a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before icing.
5. For the icing, beat the butter until really soft, then beat in the soft cheese, icing sugar and vanilla. Use a palette or cutlery knife to swirl the icing on top of the cakes, then sprinkle with decorations.
My new favorite place to go to in Baku for an evening tea-time or an afternoon snack in Dalloyau. The legendary red design with golden writing attracts the attention of any food-appricator. Dalloyau has existed for more than 300 years, surviving the French revolution as well as Marie Antoinette’s reign. Do try the Opera cake when you visit and the chocolate macaroons-who’s recipe is stored in secret for more than decade. Located in the central Boulevard of Baku, at the Neftchiler Avenue, Dalloyau is the cutest and most elegant spot!
This recipe is as delicious as it is quick and pleasing! The chicken in crumbs is my favorite week-day dinner idea, with a side of vegetables or other garnishes.
1 cup crushed buttery cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
ground black pepper to taste
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Place eggs and cracker crumbs in two separate bowls. Mix cracker crumbs with garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken in the eggs, then put into the crumb mixture to coat both sides.
- Arrange coated chicken on a baking dish. Place pieces of butter around the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.