How wonderful is it to know that your creations look like nothing else, and can be spotted as no one else’s but yours from a mile away. A Swedish style-setter and a romanticist at heart, Anna-Karin Karlsson is a fairly upcoming eye-wear designer who’s eyewear has attracted international acclaim in a short period of time! The designs are graphic and strong, making a statement that no other accessory can possibly compete with. Read below to find out what to expect form the next collection and about Karlsson’s inspirations and understandings about women’s fashion.
1. What does Fashion mean to you?
Fashion to me is freedom.
That is you like yourself you can wear anything no matter of other peoples opinion. So worst dressed lists and the opinion that women should dress their age makes me sad. We need to celebrate women, people and life and not suppress.
2. How do you create such artistic designs for your eye-wear?
I am an artist of many trades and as I see all my visions like in film
I often visualize the frames before I draw them. I love things less ordinary so that also reflects upon my work.
3. We know that you love music, and even compose music. Do you consider entering the music industry?
I do make music but under different names, mainly since it’s very
personal and that I need to make it not be know for it.
4. Sunglasses are a big part of a woman’s wardrobe. Why do you think that is? Nothing brings instant glamour like a pair of gorgeous sunglasses so it makes the rougher days so much easier 🙂
5. How many pairs of sunglasses do you own?
A few hundred. I am a sucker for beautiful things.
6. What are the two countries you would like to visit, that you haven’t yet been to?
I would love to visit Taiwan and South Korea as I am doing business there but have not visited yet. The people are polite and fun I think.
7. Where do you seek inspiration?
I go deeper into myself (the visions) or I take a walk by the water.
I live in central Stockholm so plenty of water and beauty.
8. What are your two hobbies?
My life and work is like one big hobby. 🙂
But I love to spend time with the people I love and as I don’t have too much of that time I appreciate that alot. I also enjoy food and film alot.
9. How would you describe your own style?
If Pippi Longstocking had a mum I would be her,
sometime with that bag full of money sometimes just a
pirates wife. So a little quirky and always some glamour.
10. What can we expect from your next eye-wear collection?
Lions, crystals and high fashion.
Purchase Anna-Karin Karlsson Eyewear Online: http://www.annakarinkarlsson.com/buy.php
Thank You Anna-Karin!