I love everything about Mexico! The vibrant people, the beautiful resorts and mostly the delicious food. Mexican cuisine is delicious, easy to make and very exotic. Here is a recipe for chicken fajitas, which takes about 20 minutes to prepare.
4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
3 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove
1 Large Onion
3 Bell Peppers (any color)
1. Cut down the chicken breasts into small, long pieces.
2. Mince the onion and garlic.
3. Cut the bell peppers into long pieces.
4. Spoon the avocado and mash it together with 1 tbs of olive oil and sour cream.
5. Add salt and pepper to the mixture and to the chicken.
6. Mince the herbs.
7. Mash the tomatoes or cut then into small, long pieces. (Optional)
8. Cook the chicken in olive oil, and set aside when ready.
Serve the chicken, avocado mixture, tomatoes, bell peppers, herbs, onion and garlic, in separate bowls so your guests can choose according to preference what they want to add to their fajitas. Otherwise you can add all of the above evenly into the fajitas, and roll them so the ingredients don’t fall out.
TIP: If you like, you can put the ready fajitas into the oven for 2 minutes to grill the bread a little to add a little bit of color to the white dough. When serving, sprinkle with some herbs.